The dates have been picked for this year’s Studio Tour – Sept. 28 & 29 2019 – and we are looking for artists to be a part of the tour. We have lovely and enthusiastic tour go-ers who would be interested to see your artwork. Whether you have a studio along the #1 in the Southwest you’d like to open to visitors or you would like to be placed at one of our existing locations, we’d love to have you! Make sure to apply by April 26, 2019!
We wanted to inform you of a few changes to the tour this weekend:
- Due to the recent weather and forecast for Saturday, artists at the New Leaf Studio (Maria Enns and Valerie Triggs) have relocated to the Old Schoolhouse beside the Train Station in Herbert. As such, the pie and lemonade cafe planned to be at New Leaf Studio will not be happening.
- Elaine Robitaille will be joining the tour with her polymer clay beads, jewellery, and ornaments at Carol Furman’s studio in Rush Lake.
- Rosann Gallivant will also be at Carol’s with her local honey and homemade jams.
- The face painting will now take place at Kim Undseth’s Pottery Studio, still at the same time, 11-3 on Saturday.
In case you haven’t heard, additional activities happening this weekend are:
- Photo Scavenger Hunt: at each stop, keep an eye out for the number 10, snap a photo and send your finds to us at firstname.lastname@example.org for a chance to win a gift basket of art.
- Farm Animals: The Alpacas will once again be at the Lone Eagle Motel, while at Undseth Pottery Studio there will be chickens, goats, pigs and ponies.
- The Smoke Shack will be set up with his BBQ at Carol Furman Pottery Studio in Rush Lake.
What does the relocation of New Leaf Studio artists mean for the passports and photo scavenger hunt? You will get a stamp for the passport and look for the number 10 at the Train Station and at the Old Schoolhouse.
We look forward to seeing everyone this weekend!
We held our annual meet & greet supper at the Doc’s Town Tea Room for the artists to get together, meet the new faces and finalize the last few details of the Tour this past week.